Other Blog Posts
- Let’s Review a Month’s Worth of Branding Tips & Strategies
- Strategies to Help You Stay True to Your Brand
- Implement, Track, & Adjust Your Branding Message & Strategy as Needed
- Here’s What Should Be in Your Branded Marketing Toolkit
- Simple Ways to Integrate Branding into Website Design
- Does Your Branding Strategy Align with Your Business Objectives?
- The Importance of Monitoring Your Brand
- How to Avoid Mixed Messages
- Your Content is a Huge Part of Your Brand Online
- Use “Completed Items” Search to Research Products while Dropshipping
- Creating Templates That Reflect Your Brand for All Areas of Your Business
- Show Some Personality with Your Brand
- Tell Your Story
- How to Write Your Branding Message & Craft Your Tagline
- The Importance of Consistency
- Are You Advertising?
- Good Branding Sets You Apart from Your Competition
- How Branding Can Help You Sell More Products Services
- The Importance of Branding in Social Media
- Is Your Branding Consistent Across Multiple Platforms?
- Is Your Brand Descriptive and Memorable?
- Branding is so Much More Than Advertising and Logos
- How Branding Works with the Know-Like-Trust Concept
- Let’s Talk Branding Strategy for Your Online Business
- How to Craft a Brand That Resonates with Your Target Audience
- Let’s Talk Logos And Graphics
- To Rebrand or Not To Rebrand
- It All Starts with a Name
- What is Your Core Message?
- Yes, You Need to Become a Brand
- What is a Brand?
- Tips When You Are Just Starting eBay
- Want to Upgrade Your Business Image?
- Step-by-Step Sales Funnel Planning
- What is a Sales Funnel?
- 3 Reasons Your Business Needs a Client Avatar
- Find What Your Fans Want on Social Media
- 3 Questions to Ask Before Taking Your Side Hustle to the Next Level
- Building A Sturdy Business Foundation
- 5 Ways to Ensure Success with your Start Up
- 5 Secrets to Promoting Your Product
- Immediate Ways to Increase Your Sales
- Avoid Cart Abandonment to Complete the Sale
- Spot N Paste $10 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
- Cross Selling & Upselling to Increase Sales
- Content Marketing to Increase Shopify Sales
- Live Chat to Increase Shopify Sales
- Email Marketing to Increase Sales
- Boost Productivity to Increase Sales
- Designing a Great Website to Attract New Customers
- Social Media Integration to Increase Shopify Sales
- Loyalty Programs to Increase Shopify Sales
- How To Boost Your Sales Through Impulse Buying
- Use Trends To Your Advantage
- Avoid Fragile Products To Retain Profit
- How To Design A Website To Attract Customers
- 7 Proven Shopify Marketing Strategies To Increase Sales
- Use Professional Product Images To Attract Customers
- How Offering Free Shipping Can Improve Your Sales
- Product Bundling To Make More Money
- Use Tempting Pricing To Boost Your Sales!
- Boost Your Sales With High Rated Products
- eCom Tom gives review about Spot N Paste!
- Be Customer Focused to Increase Sales
- The Importance of Automation in the Drop Shipping World
- 11 Great Tips To Increase Drop Shipping Sales!
- Amazon: Suspensions & IP Infringements: How To Avoid It
- Black Friday: A Drop Shippers Dream Day For Sales
- Spot N Paste: Featuring Cutting-Edge Dropship Address Parsing Feature!
- Find Profitable Products To Dropship
- SKU Grid Just Got Better With Spot N Paste Integration!
- Dropshipping on Amazon
- Hit The Ground Running With A Refined Shopify Store
- Top Features That Will Make You Fall In Love With Spot N Paste!
- How to Choose A Dropship Coach & Course to Follow
- Dropshipping To Success
- Useful Dropship Tools For Your Dropship Business
- Best Products to Dropship in the Beginning of Fourth Quarter
- Looking To Hire A Virtual Assistant For Your Dropship Business?
- Getting Started On Amazon
- Paul Lipsky Gives Honest Review of Spot N Paste
- Slow Sales On eBay?
- Jack Pitman Interviews Jenny With Spot N Paste
- Dealing With Negative Feedback
- So You Decided You Want To Start Drop shipping?
- Use eBay Seller Central To Help You Find Profitable Items
- Customer Service Strategies on eBay
- Thai Nguyen Interviews Jenny with Spot N Paste
- So Many Features! Oh My!!
- Learn How To Drop Ship For Free
- Spot N Paste helps to make your drop shipping ordering even faster!
- How to use Sku Button while Stacking Cashback
Loyalty Programs to Increase Your Shopify Sales
We are continuing to explore 7 Proven Shopify Marketing Strategies To Increase Sales. Today we will cover loyalty programs.
Loyalty programs are ongoing campaigns that use rewards to create repetitive behavior among your customers. Participants take actions regularly and accumulate those actions to what benefits the company and the loyal audience.
A loyalty program to reward your customers is a one of the most effective tactics to increase sales in your Shopify store. 84% of consumers say they’re more apt to stick with a brand that offers a loyalty program. And 66% of customers say the ability to earn rewards changes their spending behavior.
Almost all loyalty programs will fall into one of the four main categories. These are categories are points, tiers, subscriptions and rebates. We will cover each of the above and the pro’s and cons associated with each.
Points Loyalty Program
The concept is simple; it will reward the customer with points for certain steps he or she takes. This is probably the most common type of loyalty program.
- It is easy for customers to understand.
- It avoids price discounting.
- Customers may gain lots of points but may not use them.
- Customers may need to have a reminder of their status in the program.
- Point expiration dates may discourage customers, especially if the expiration is too short of a time frame.
Rebate/Cash Back Program:
Rebate programs allow customers to earn money back from prior purchases and redeem them after a certain amount of time or a set amount. The rebate is often a percentage of the total purchases within a timeframe. They usually do this in some form of a gift certificate to bring customers back into the store but can also be in the form of cash.
- It is usually easy to explain and as a result your customers understand it better.
- If it is in the form of gift certificates, it drives customers back into the store.
- Customers often feel like they are accruing value.
- There is no instant gratification.
- It can be expensive.
- It may not appeal to infrequent shoppers.
Tiered programs are basically a more advanced point system. After reaching a certain number of points, they will upgrade you to the next tier and will receive exclusive benefits that tier.
- Customers are less likely to abandon your store or program once they have reached a higher tier
- This program mostly targets your VIP and most valuable customers.
- This can discourage new customers as they are less likely to join this type of program as they will start at the bottom tier.
- This program is small, which only rewards your select top-tier customers.
(Source: Morgan Stanley Research)
A subscription program involves consumers paying a fee in exchange for entry into a loyalty program.
The benefits offered by this program typically cost more money (example: offering free shipping for subscription members), but the money earned from these customers over their lifetime is worth the investment.
On the other hand, would consumers pay to be part of a loyalty program? It may be hard to believe, but there is evidence showing that customers are receptive to the idea. A 2015 study found that 62% out of the 1,005 customers said they would consider joining a fee-based rewards program if it were from their favorite retailer.
- The amount of money spent by customers who use this program is substantially higher than those who do not.
- The value offered to customers is immediately clear because these programs typically feature very strong benefits.
- The business makes money upfront on the program.
- First-time customers are not likely to use this program. For instance, they would be more likely to join if they have an ongoing need to purchase the product offered.
- The initial payment or monthly subscription can form a barrier to entry for some customers.
In conclusion, loyalty programs are a great way to incentivize customers to return to your online store. Give your customers a reason to keep coming back and reward them for doing so!
Here are some great resources for you to consider implementing a loyalty program of your own.