Other Blog Posts
- Tips When You Are Just Starting eBay
- Want to Upgrade Your Business Image?
- Step-by-Step Sales Funnel Planning
- What is a Sales Funnel?
- 3 Reasons Your Business Needs a Client Avatar
- Find What Your Fans Want on Social Media
- 3 Questions to Ask Before Taking Your Side Hustle to the Next Level
- Building A Sturdy Business Foundation
- 5 Ways to Ensure Success with your Start Up
- 5 Secrets to Promoting Your Product
- Immediate Ways to Increase Your Sales
- Avoid Cart Abandonment to Complete the Sale
- Spot N Paste $10 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
- Cross Selling & Upselling to Increase Sales
- Content Marketing to Increase Shopify Sales
- Live Chat to Increase Shopify Sales
- Email Marketing to Increase Sales
- Boost Productivity to Increase Sales
- Designing a Great Website to Attract New Customers
- Social Media Integration to Increase Shopify Sales
- Loyalty Programs to Increase Shopify Sales
- How To Boost Your Sales Through Impulse Buying
- Use Trends To Your Advantage
- Avoid Fragile Products To Retain Profit
- How To Design A Website To Attract Customers
- 7 Proven Shopify Marketing Strategies To Increase Sales
- Use Professional Product Images To Attract Customers
- How Offering Free Shipping Can Improve Your Sales
- Product Bundling To Make More Money
- Use Tempting Pricing To Boost Your Sales!
- Boost Your Sales With High Rated Products
- eCom Tom gives review about Spot N Paste!
- Be Customer Focused to Increase Sales
- The Importance of Automation in the Drop Shipping World
- 11 Great Tips To Increase Drop Shipping Sales!
- Amazon: Suspensions & IP Infringements: How To Avoid It
- Black Friday: A Drop Shippers Dream Day For Sales
- Spot N Paste: Featuring Cutting-Edge Dropship Address Parsing Feature!
- Find Profitable Products To Dropship
- SKU Grid Just Got Better With Spot N Paste Integration!
- Dropshipping on Amazon
- Hit The Ground Running With A Refined Shopify Store
- Top Features That Will Make You Fall In Love With Spot N Paste!
- How to Choose A Dropship Coach & Course to Follow
- Dropshipping To Success
- Useful Dropship Tools For Your Dropship Business
- Best Products to Dropship in the Beginning of Fourth Quarter
- Looking To Hire A Virtual Assistant For Your Dropship Business?
- Getting Started On Amazon
- Paul Lipsky Gives Honest Review of Spot N Paste
- Slow Sales On eBay?
- Jack Pitman Interviews Jenny With Spot N Paste
- Dealing With Negative Feedback
- So You Decided You Want To Start Drop shipping?
- Use eBay Seller Central To Help You Find Profitable Items
- Customer Service Strategies on eBay
- Thai Nguyen Interviews Jenny with Spot N Paste
- So Many Features! Oh My!!
- Learn How To Drop Ship For Free
- Spot N Paste helps to make your drop shipping ordering even faster!
- How to use Sku Button while Stacking Cashback
Live Chat to Increase Shopify Sales
We are nearing the end of our series on 7 proven strategies to increase your Shopify sales.
Did you know that average ecommerce conversion rates are 1% – 2%? It means that for every 100 online store visitors, up to two of them turn into this store’s customers.
If we imagine 100 people crowding in a brick and mortar store and we realize only two of them would buy something, this news could be depressing. Luckily, the online world is driven by different laws and ecommerce stores are visited daily by thousands of customers.
Considering that, the 2% conversion rate doesn’t sound bad, right? However, no matter how good or bad your conversion rate is, you should always make sure that you did everything to have it as high as possible.
Here Is Why You Should Be Using Live Chat
Instant Customer Service
One of the reasons people enjoying shopping in a brick and morter store, is being able to get assistance when they need it. You can meet that same need for your customers in your Shopify store.
Your website can be unintuitive, and a customer may not be able to find the information they’re looking for. Sometimes, they can simply be too busy to dig through the pages. Others will find it easier to switch to another website than to make a phone call or send an email.
Live chat makes it all pretty simple for both sides. A customer can click the chat window anytime they need assistance.
Why it’s important? Because people purchase decisions are made in seconds. One quick answer about the shipping costs question can become a deal-maker for your customer.
help Multiple Customers at One Time
The advantage of live chat over any other form of communication is that a single agent can talk with several customers. While it doesn’t happen in real life and is not possible on the phone, one agent can talk with five or six customers at one time.
It’s possible because most live chat apps offer convenient features that let your agents respond quickly. They can see customers’ messages before they send it in, they can respond to frequent questions with pre-populated messages. Also, let’s not forget about people’s ability to multitask!
Thanks to that, no customers are waiting in a queue, all questions are responded quickly, and you don’t miss any chance to assist your customers, which of course, increases your chance of winning the sale.
automated Chat Greetings
Automated chat greetings are one of the most important live chat features. It works exactly the way a store assistant greets customers: once a visitor enters your online store, a chat greeting starts and offers help.
If you analyze your Shopify store and know your customers’ pain points, you can set up chat greetings to start at the exact moment when your customer needs it.
For example, if you’ve noticed that your customer spends a lot of time in a shopping cart, you can be quite sure they have a problem. Offering them help can increase a chance that they will finish the purchase.
Every time a customer enters a “traditional” store or contacts an online store by phone, they are entirely new to a person they talk to. A customer service agent doesn’t know whether it’s a returning customer or not, what kind of products the customer likes, or in what product they are interested today.
A good live chat app allows you to see valuable sales information like pages that the visitor was browsing, time spent on your page, the history of chats with this visitor or their email address. Thanks to that, you can provide personalized help and amazing customer experience.
Live chat is the fastest channel of the online contact, but many Shopify stores still fail to utilize its benefits. I hope that thanks to the above tips, you will be able to choose the right live chat tool for your business.
Remember that live chat is not only a simple tool – it can be used as a robust ecommerce solution. It helps to bring more traffic, provide amazing customer service and, of course, increase your sales and conversions.
Here are a few tools to get you started:
- Livechat: https://apps.shopify.com/livechat
- Tidio Chat: https://apps.shopify.com/tidio-chat
- Pure Chat: https://apps.shopify.com/pure-chat
You can find all of the above apps in the Shopify app store.
For additional tips, tricks and tools, visit our dropping shipping tools page, which is loaded with goodies you are guaranteed to love!