Other Blog Posts
- Let’s Review a Month’s Worth of Branding Tips & Strategies
- Strategies to Help You Stay True to Your Brand
- Implement, Track, & Adjust Your Branding Message & Strategy as Needed
- Here’s What Should Be in Your Branded Marketing Toolkit
- Simple Ways to Integrate Branding into Website Design
- Does Your Branding Strategy Align with Your Business Objectives?
- The Importance of Monitoring Your Brand
- How to Avoid Mixed Messages
- Your Content is a Huge Part of Your Brand Online
- Use “Completed Items” Search to Research Products while Dropshipping
- Creating Templates That Reflect Your Brand for All Areas of Your Business
- Show Some Personality with Your Brand
- Tell Your Story
- How to Write Your Branding Message & Craft Your Tagline
- The Importance of Consistency
- Are You Advertising?
- Good Branding Sets You Apart from Your Competition
- How Branding Can Help You Sell More Products Services
- The Importance of Branding in Social Media
- Is Your Branding Consistent Across Multiple Platforms?
- Is Your Brand Descriptive and Memorable?
- Branding is so Much More Than Advertising and Logos
- How Branding Works with the Know-Like-Trust Concept
- Let’s Talk Branding Strategy for Your Online Business
- How to Craft a Brand That Resonates with Your Target Audience
- Let’s Talk Logos And Graphics
- To Rebrand or Not To Rebrand
- It All Starts with a Name
- What is Your Core Message?
- Yes, You Need to Become a Brand
- What is a Brand?
- Tips When You Are Just Starting eBay
- Want to Upgrade Your Business Image?
- Step-by-Step Sales Funnel Planning
- What is a Sales Funnel?
- 3 Reasons Your Business Needs a Client Avatar
- Find What Your Fans Want on Social Media
- 3 Questions to Ask Before Taking Your Side Hustle to the Next Level
- Building A Sturdy Business Foundation
- 5 Ways to Ensure Success with your Start Up
- 5 Secrets to Promoting Your Product
- Immediate Ways to Increase Your Sales
- Avoid Cart Abandonment to Complete the Sale
- Spot N Paste $10 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
- Cross Selling & Upselling to Increase Sales
- Content Marketing to Increase Shopify Sales
- Live Chat to Increase Shopify Sales
- Email Marketing to Increase Sales
- Boost Productivity to Increase Sales
- Designing a Great Website to Attract New Customers
- Social Media Integration to Increase Shopify Sales
- Loyalty Programs to Increase Shopify Sales
- How To Boost Your Sales Through Impulse Buying
- Use Trends To Your Advantage
- Avoid Fragile Products To Retain Profit
- How To Design A Website To Attract Customers
- 7 Proven Shopify Marketing Strategies To Increase Sales
- Use Professional Product Images To Attract Customers
- How Offering Free Shipping Can Improve Your Sales
- Product Bundling To Make More Money
- Use Tempting Pricing To Boost Your Sales!
- Boost Your Sales With High Rated Products
- eCom Tom gives review about Spot N Paste!
- Be Customer Focused to Increase Sales
- The Importance of Automation in the Drop Shipping World
- 11 Great Tips To Increase Drop Shipping Sales!
- Amazon: Suspensions & IP Infringements: How To Avoid It
- Black Friday: A Drop Shippers Dream Day For Sales
- Spot N Paste: Featuring Cutting-Edge Dropship Address Parsing Feature!
- Find Profitable Products To Dropship
- SKU Grid Just Got Better With Spot N Paste Integration!
- Dropshipping on Amazon
- Hit The Ground Running With A Refined Shopify Store
- Top Features That Will Make You Fall In Love With Spot N Paste!
- How to Choose A Dropship Coach & Course to Follow
- Dropshipping To Success
- Useful Dropship Tools For Your Dropship Business
- Best Products to Dropship in the Beginning of Fourth Quarter
- Looking To Hire A Virtual Assistant For Your Dropship Business?
- Getting Started On Amazon
- Paul Lipsky Gives Honest Review of Spot N Paste
- Slow Sales On eBay?
- Jack Pitman Interviews Jenny With Spot N Paste
- Dealing With Negative Feedback
- So You Decided You Want To Start Drop shipping?
- Use eBay Seller Central To Help You Find Profitable Items
- Customer Service Strategies on eBay
- Thai Nguyen Interviews Jenny with Spot N Paste
- So Many Features! Oh My!!
- Learn How To Drop Ship For Free
- Spot N Paste helps to make your drop shipping ordering even faster!
- How to use Sku Button while Stacking Cashback
Email Marketing to Increase Sales
We are halfway though our series on 7 proven strategies to increase your Shopify sales. Today we are going to cover email marketing.
Email marketing accounts for approximately 23% of sales, rendering it one of the most effective marketing channels at your disposal. Successful online retailers know that one of the most reliable and profitable methods is email marketing. You may be asking yourself ‘where do I begin?’.
In this article, we’re going to explore the specific steps you need to take if you want to get great results when running an email campaign. Use it alongside other online marketing strategies to grow your business faster.
5 Tips to Improve Your Email Marketing
1. Harness The Power of Pop-Ups
You can’t do much with your email audience if you don’t have one. So, let’s start there.
Love them or hate them, popups are easily the most effective way to build your list. Our customers typically see a list increase of 2.5x to 3x within 12 months of implementing popups at their site.
But that doesn’t mean all popups are made equal …
The common denominator of powerful popups is incentive: make sure visitors have a reason to sign up. Customers have seen as much as a 1,200% increase in monthly sign-ups compared to their previous popup by offering 10% off visitors’ next purchase.
You can take incentives even further, with a one-two combination. Their first popup drives customers to purchase immediately with both a discount and countdown timer.
2. Send Irresistible Welcome Messages
A visitor has subscribed — and that’s just the beginning. Start the conversation with a welcome message or sequence. Not sending a welcome message after someone signs up is like making a new friend, inviting them over for dinner, and then not opening the door when they show up.
From a pragmatic perspective, welcome emails are opened 57.8% of the time, compared to 14.6% of standard promotional emails.
But, how do you make your very first “Hello” irresistible? Two ways …
First, if a new subscriber signed up because of an offer, give it to them. That might sound obvious, but dropping the ball on immediate gratification or, worse, mixing up your offer and delivery is disastrous.
Second, make your welcome email ooze your brand’s personality.
3. Personalize, Personalize, Personalize
According to a June 2017 report from OneSpot, US marketing executives says email attributed 21% of the total revenue in Q2 2017 and that continues to go up 17% year over year. Emails are a way for brands to become more connected with their subscribers, with the goal of reaching out on an individual level with each potential customer.
Additionally, if your first email is general — i.e., presents multiple collections or product categories — track where subscribers click and, based on their interests, segment them into different groups and send automatically targeted sequences to follow up.
Even better — track your subscribers’ onsite activity and send follow-ups with the exact products they’ve recently viewed. This will help you to increase your overall sales by targeting customers based on what they want to see.
Sending personalized emails results in an open rate lift of 134 percent, a click rate lift of 254 percent, and a conversion rate lift of 257 percent.
4. Write Source Based Messages
Sourced-based emails begin with subscription offers that are segment or product specific and lead into emails that follow suit. This is a more detailed form of personalization that shows your subscribers you’re attentive to what they want.
For example, if a visitor signs up through a men’s clothing page versus a women’s clothing page, you can cater your welcome sequence to products that you can safely assume they’ll be interested in.
5. Use Your Channels in Unison
Your website isn’t the only asset you have online. You should make use of all your internet real estate, including your social media profiles.
The secret is to create experiences across your various channels unique to each one rather than serving up the same content on every medium.
If you’re interested in seeing quick wins (or “low hanging fruit”), look into Instagram shopping or Twitter Lead Generation Cards, which enables visitors to quickly fill out email information. Your business can also make use of Facebook by creating lookalike audiences and leading to a Facebook sign up tab.
Pay no mind to the growth hacking flavors of the month. Amidst changing algorithms, emerging platforms, and various other trends, email marketing in ecommerce remains the least expensive and most reliable revenue driver.
Focus on making this connection and implement the advice above, and you will build a loyal customer base.
Here are a few options to get you started
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/
- Constant Contact: https://www.constantcontact.com
- Salesforce: https://www.salesforce.com
For additional tips, tricks and tools, visit our dropping shipping tools page, which is loaded with goodies you are guaranteed to love!