Other Blog Posts
- 3 Reasons Your Business Needs a Client Avatar
- Find What Your Fans Want on Social Media
- 3 Questions to Ask Before Taking Your Side Hustle to the Next Level
- Building A Sturdy Business Foundation
- 5 Ways to Ensure Success with your Start Up
- 5 Secrets to Promoting Your Product
- Immediate Ways to Increase Your Sales
- Avoid Cart Abandonment to Complete the Sale
- Spot N Paste $10 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
- Cross Selling & Upselling to Increase Sales
- Content Marketing to Increase Shopify Sales
- Live Chat to Increase Shopify Sales
- Email Marketing to Increase Sales
- Boost Productivity to Increase Sales
- Designing a Great Website to Attract New Customers
- Social Media Integration to Increase Shopify Sales
- Loyalty Programs to Increase Shopify Sales
- How To Boost Your Sales Through Impulse Buying
- Use Trends To Your Advantage
- Avoid Fragile Products To Retain Profit
- How To Design A Website To Attract Customers
- 7 Proven Shopify Marketing Strategies To Increase Sales
- Use Professional Product Images To Attract Customers
- How Offering Free Shipping Can Improve Your Sales
- Product Bundling To Make More Money
- Use Tempting Pricing To Boost Your Sales!
- Boost Your Sales With High Rated Products
- eCom Tom gives review about Spot N Paste!
- Be Customer Focused to Increase Sales
- The Importance of Automation in the Drop Shipping World
- 11 Great Tips To Increase Drop Shipping Sales!
- Amazon: Suspensions & IP Infringements: How To Avoid It
- Black Friday: A Drop Shippers Dream Day For Sales
- Spot N Paste: Featuring Cutting-Edge Dropship Address Parsing Feature!
- Find Profitable Products To Dropship
- SKU Grid Just Got Better With Spot N Paste Integration!
- Dropshipping on Amazon
- Hit The Ground Running With A Refined Shopify Store
- Top Features That Will Make You Fall In Love With Spot N Paste!
- How to Choose A Dropship Coach & Course to Follow
- Dropshipping To Success
- Useful Dropship Tools For Your Dropship Business
- Best Products to Dropship in the Beginning of Fourth Quarter
- Looking To Hire A Virtual Assistant For Your Dropship Business?
- Getting Started On Amazon
- Paul Lipsky Gives Honest Review of Spot N Paste
- Slow Sales On eBay?
- Jack Pitman Interviews Jenny With Spot N Paste
- Dealing With Negative Feedback
- So You Decided You Want To Start Drop shipping?
- Use eBay Seller Central To Help You Find Profitable Items
- Customer Service Strategies on eBay
- Thai Nguyen Interviews Jenny with Spot N Paste
- So Many Features! Oh My!!
- Learn How To Drop Ship For Free
- Spot N Paste helps to make your drop shipping ordering even faster!
- How to use Sku Button while Stacking Cashback
Dealing With Negative Feedback
Remember the student in school who would cry because they only got a 99% mark on their homework or tests? Meanwhile, most of us were relieved (if not ecstatic) to have merely passed.
I witnessed one case where the math student insisted that he not be wrong. After going over the test, the teacher realized her answer sheet was, in fact, false and not the student. The student did get 100%.
Realistically, most of us can’t expect to get a perfect score every time because well none of us are perfect! We will make mistakes and sometimes make them often.
Unlike math, some subjects are more subjective in nature. In some issues, the answer to a question may not be merely black and white to answer. The teacher may be more relaxed in how they grade. The teacher may even adjust your grade based on if they like you or not.
Similarly, in business, you are not able to make every one of your customers happy.
While drop shipping, you will not be able to satisfy everyone. Even if you have 100% positive feedback on your store right now, eventually you will receive a negative feedback.
Eventually, something will happen that could cause them to become unhappy with you. You might make a mistake, or sometimes the factors are beyond your control (such as a supplier put in the order slip), and this could result in a lousy feedback score.
Occasionally, you may even get a customer whom you can not work with to make happy. If he leaves you negative feedback, sometimes all you can do is reply to it in a kind matter for others to see that you did try your best.
Sometimes, a customer has a legitimate complaint. Other times the customer has jumped the gun and hasn’t given you a fair chance to resolve matters. It is even possible that your customer is a sadist who takes delight in tormenting others.
Regardless, you can choose to allow this to ruin your day or not. You have the choice to respond to their negative feedback in a positive matter or a negative one. Just remember that the decision you make has consequences. Be it good consequences or bad.
When responding to negative feedback, keep in mind that its public. Others who are searching through your feedback scores will see the response that you make to your customers, and this can play a significant part on the effect that the negative feedback will have on you. Even if you have a few of them, if your response to them is kind mannered, gentle, and apologetic, it will tell the potential customers who are looking to do business with you, that you will try, and that that specific customer was, in fact, a difficult one.
Next, you can also try to reach out to your customer. Offer them a discount on their next purchase in return for removing the negative feedback. Let them know that you want to do everything to make them happy because customer service is your top priority and that you did not mean for this purchase to go array. It’s a great way to show how apologetic you are and in turn, this can help reward you with another sale and potential long time buyer.
Even if this tactic to remove negative feedback is not successful, at least you tried. Don’t let your pride stand in the way of trying to make peace with the customer and reversing any negative feedback.
If the customer doesn’t agree, at least you’ve told your side of the story. Let your prospective customers decide if they want to do business with you or not.
I like it when I see an eBay seller with a perfect feedback rating. Realistically, however, I realize that you can’t please everyone. Even if you did everything correctly, there are still people who are just not reasonable.
Thus, even if a seller has some negative feedback if the majority of the buyers are pleased with him, and their responses to the negative ones are positive and gentle, most tend to look past the few unhappy remarks.