Other Blog Posts
- Tips When You Are Just Starting eBay
- Want to Upgrade Your Business Image?
- Step-by-Step Sales Funnel Planning
- What is a Sales Funnel?
- 3 Reasons Your Business Needs a Client Avatar
- Find What Your Fans Want on Social Media
- 3 Questions to Ask Before Taking Your Side Hustle to the Next Level
- Building A Sturdy Business Foundation
- 5 Ways to Ensure Success with your Start Up
- 5 Secrets to Promoting Your Product
- Immediate Ways to Increase Your Sales
- Avoid Cart Abandonment to Complete the Sale
- Spot N Paste $10 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
- Cross Selling & Upselling to Increase Sales
- Content Marketing to Increase Shopify Sales
- Live Chat to Increase Shopify Sales
- Email Marketing to Increase Sales
- Boost Productivity to Increase Sales
- Designing a Great Website to Attract New Customers
- Social Media Integration to Increase Shopify Sales
- Loyalty Programs to Increase Shopify Sales
- How To Boost Your Sales Through Impulse Buying
- Use Trends To Your Advantage
- Avoid Fragile Products To Retain Profit
- How To Design A Website To Attract Customers
- 7 Proven Shopify Marketing Strategies To Increase Sales
- Use Professional Product Images To Attract Customers
- How Offering Free Shipping Can Improve Your Sales
- Product Bundling To Make More Money
- Use Tempting Pricing To Boost Your Sales!
- Boost Your Sales With High Rated Products
- eCom Tom gives review about Spot N Paste!
- Be Customer Focused to Increase Sales
- The Importance of Automation in the Drop Shipping World
- 11 Great Tips To Increase Drop Shipping Sales!
- Amazon: Suspensions & IP Infringements: How To Avoid It
- Black Friday: A Drop Shippers Dream Day For Sales
- Spot N Paste: Featuring Cutting-Edge Dropship Address Parsing Feature!
- Find Profitable Products To Dropship
- SKU Grid Just Got Better With Spot N Paste Integration!
- Dropshipping on Amazon
- Hit The Ground Running With A Refined Shopify Store
- Top Features That Will Make You Fall In Love With Spot N Paste!
- How to Choose A Dropship Coach & Course to Follow
- Dropshipping To Success
- Useful Dropship Tools For Your Dropship Business
- Best Products to Dropship in the Beginning of Fourth Quarter
- Looking To Hire A Virtual Assistant For Your Dropship Business?
- Getting Started On Amazon
- Paul Lipsky Gives Honest Review of Spot N Paste
- Slow Sales On eBay?
- Jack Pitman Interviews Jenny With Spot N Paste
- Dealing With Negative Feedback
- So You Decided You Want To Start Drop shipping?
- Use eBay Seller Central To Help You Find Profitable Items
- Customer Service Strategies on eBay
- Thai Nguyen Interviews Jenny with Spot N Paste
- So Many Features! Oh My!!
- Learn How To Drop Ship For Free
- Spot N Paste helps to make your drop shipping ordering even faster!
- How to use Sku Button while Stacking Cashback
Avoid Cart Abandonment to Complete the Sale
We are adding a special bonus to our Shopify Increase your sales series. We have covered all the steps to get the customers to your site, but how do you ensure that the purchase is complete?
This is a problem that plagues many Shopify store owners. In fact, according to the Baymard Institute, almost 70% of shoppers abandon their carts. This suggests that even after researching and considering products thoroughly and adding them to their cart, a majority of shoppers still don’t complete the payment process.
The same report found that 28% of cart abandonment occurs because of a long or complicated checkout process. Additionally, 13% of shoppers will abandon their purchases if there’s no local payment option.
You may be wondering why people are not completing the sale, especially after the customer has gone through multiple stages, including awareness and consideration, and has finally made the decision to buy your product.
If you’re planning to get ahead of the competition, this is one aspect that you must tackle in 2019. You will need to offer a smoother checkout process with an easy payment option that will ensure quick conversions. We are going to show you 3 things to avoid to ensure you get the sale.
3 Things to Avoid to Complete the Sale
1. Avoid Unexpected Extra Charges
As a retailer, you can’t always waive the extra charges because it could result in a loss for you. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your conversion rate either. Instead, set realistic expectations right from the start so customers don’t face unexpected extra charges during checkout.
If you require a minimum purchase for free shipping, for example, make sure you display that information clearly and prominently on your product pages.
Even if your total order amount qualifies for free shipping on Amazon, not every item qualifies. Items that are not eligible for free shipping are normally from select third-party retailers.
Yet by clearly displaying the fixed shipping charge on the product page, Amazon makes sure customers won’t get an unpleasant surprise when they decide to check out.
This also solves another problem that causes abandoned carts – being unable to calculate the costs upfront. In addition to estimating the shipping costs, you can also provide an option to calculate extra charges, (like taxes or customs duties), so shoppers know exactly what to expect.
This also solves another problem that causes abandoned carts—being unable to calculate the costs upfront. In addition to estimating the shipping costs, you can also provide an option to calculate extra charges, (like taxes or customs duties), so shoppers know exactly what to expect.
2. Avoid Making People Register
People make online purchases because it’s quick and convenient. They don’t want to go through tons of steps just to buy a few items. Having to create a new account to complete their purchase often frustrates potential customers.
In fact, both the Barilliance and Baymard studies found that the need to create a new account was the second biggest reason for shopping cart abandonment.
The solution is to make it as easy as possible for customers to complete their purchases. To do so, you can add a guest checkout option or a social media signup button. You can even offer both of these options for added convenience.
With the guest checkout option, shoppers can easily complete their purchases without having to create an account. They just need to enter their email address, (and possibly their name). A social media signup button or social login option allows customers to create a new account using one of their social media accounts.
Guest checkout and social signup options simplify the checkout process. Which, in turn, help reduce shopping cart abandonment, and increase conversions.
3. Avoid a Long Checkout Process
Another common reason why customers abandon shopping carts is that of a long and complicated checkout process. This is closely related to the second reason because mandatory registration is typically considered one of the steps in a long checkout process.
But in this case, it’s about the entire checkout process. Which includes having to enter shipping and billing info, and the payment process as well.
Ideally, you should reduce the number of the form fields required for checkout and payment. Remove any fields that aren’t absolutely necessary for customers to complete their purchases.
Instead of requiring shoppers to enter their billing and shipping addresses separately, give them the option to, “ship to the billing address.” Then they will only need to fill in the additional fields if they’re shipping the product to a different address.
Additionally, you can set realistic expectations, and reduce frustrations by showing customers the progress of their checkout.
You can introduce a progress indicator, which will show shoppers which stage of the checkout they’re at, and how many steps are left. Another benefit is that if they make any mistake at any stage, they can easily go back and make the necessary corrections.
Completing the sale is the most obvious, yet often most overlooked piece of increasing your sales. If you avoid the three common pitfalls we have covered, you are sure to see your sales skyrocket.
For additional tips, tricks and resources, visit our resources page.