Other Blog Posts
- What is a Sales Funnel?
- 3 Reasons Your Business Needs a Client Avatar
- Find What Your Fans Want on Social Media
- 3 Questions to Ask Before Taking Your Side Hustle to the Next Level
- Building A Sturdy Business Foundation
- 5 Ways to Ensure Success with your Start Up
- 5 Secrets to Promoting Your Product
- Immediate Ways to Increase Your Sales
- Avoid Cart Abandonment to Complete the Sale
- Spot N Paste $10 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
- Cross Selling & Upselling to Increase Sales
- Content Marketing to Increase Shopify Sales
- Live Chat to Increase Shopify Sales
- Email Marketing to Increase Sales
- Boost Productivity to Increase Sales
- Designing a Great Website to Attract New Customers
- Social Media Integration to Increase Shopify Sales
- Loyalty Programs to Increase Shopify Sales
- How To Boost Your Sales Through Impulse Buying
- Use Trends To Your Advantage
- Avoid Fragile Products To Retain Profit
- How To Design A Website To Attract Customers
- 7 Proven Shopify Marketing Strategies To Increase Sales
- Use Professional Product Images To Attract Customers
- How Offering Free Shipping Can Improve Your Sales
- Product Bundling To Make More Money
- Use Tempting Pricing To Boost Your Sales!
- Boost Your Sales With High Rated Products
- eCom Tom gives review about Spot N Paste!
- Be Customer Focused to Increase Sales
- The Importance of Automation in the Drop Shipping World
- 11 Great Tips To Increase Drop Shipping Sales!
- Amazon: Suspensions & IP Infringements: How To Avoid It
- Black Friday: A Drop Shippers Dream Day For Sales
- Spot N Paste: Featuring Cutting-Edge Dropship Address Parsing Feature!
- Find Profitable Products To Dropship
- SKU Grid Just Got Better With Spot N Paste Integration!
- Dropshipping on Amazon
- Hit The Ground Running With A Refined Shopify Store
- Top Features That Will Make You Fall In Love With Spot N Paste!
- How to Choose A Dropship Coach & Course to Follow
- Dropshipping To Success
- Useful Dropship Tools For Your Dropship Business
- Best Products to Dropship in the Beginning of Fourth Quarter
- Looking To Hire A Virtual Assistant For Your Dropship Business?
- Getting Started On Amazon
- Paul Lipsky Gives Honest Review of Spot N Paste
- Slow Sales On eBay?
- Jack Pitman Interviews Jenny With Spot N Paste
- Dealing With Negative Feedback
- So You Decided You Want To Start Drop shipping?
- Use eBay Seller Central To Help You Find Profitable Items
- Customer Service Strategies on eBay
- Thai Nguyen Interviews Jenny with Spot N Paste
- So Many Features! Oh My!!
- Learn How To Drop Ship For Free
- Spot N Paste helps to make your drop shipping ordering even faster!
- How to use Sku Button while Stacking Cashback
3 Reasons Your Business Needs a Client Avatar
It’s exciting to open a business and tell the world about it! It’s your dream come true and with your own business you’ll have newfound freedom you didn’t have working a corporate job. But who exactly will benefit from hearing about your business? Who needs your services?
These are the two most basic questions you need to answer BEFORE opening your doors. Quite simply because you don’t want to use “hope” marketing, where you just throw out a message and hope that someone sees it. Talk about a total waste of time and money.
Instead, create your dream client so you know exactly who needs your services and who is willing to pay for them.
1. Your marketing message should be tailored to the needs of your Client Avatar.
If you’re just putting up random Facebook posts about what you do, take notice at how much engagement you get in return. Are the only Likes you receive from your mom and cousins? Does anybody leave a comment about how great you are and they love your work? If not, it’s time to review who is seeing your message.
Your business isn’t about you; it’s about how you can serve the needs of your market – aka your Client Avatar. How can you resolve their struggles? What pain points do they struggle with and how will YOUR product or service help them?
2. You’ll see better ROI on advertising with targeted ads.
Advertising is an expected part of running a business but similar to what we discussed earlier with targeting your marketing message, the same targeting is necessary with advertising.
Case in point: My neighbor has perfect hearing but keeps getting mailings for hearing aids. He doesn’t need this product so the brochure is immediately thrown out. Take the printing cost, postage cost, paying someone to stuff the envelopes, plus the cost of whatever list his name ended up on, and that company is throwing out real money by not reaching the correct prospect. Now double that cost because his teenage daughter receives the SAME mailing even though she also has perfect hearing!
Lesson learned: Reaching the wrong prospect is wasted money.
3. Writing becomes easier when you’re addressing just one person
If you don’t have the budget to hire a marketing or advertising firm, then you’ll be responsible for creating all your content and messages. Think of your Client Avatar as that one person who can benefit the most from your services. You’ve given that person a name and have drawn a unique character; now think about that one person when you write emails, blog posts, ads, or social media posts. If you think of just one person, you won’t get overwhelmed at writing for a large group. Your copy will be much more personal and conversational if you focus on writing to just one person.
Even if you hire a writer to help you, they will ask you for this same client information. Whether they call it a Client Avatar or not, they need to know who the message is meant for so they can use the proper words to achieve the right mood.
Not a fan of planning? My quick and easy planner is just what you need…
If you keep thinking about starting your own business but don’t know where to start, my latest planner is just the tool you need. “Create Your Side Hustle Income in a Weekend” is designed to help you sort out what you want to do and discover if it’s a sustainable idea, all within one weekend. I’ll even walk you through how to plan prices, how to discover your Dream Client, and how to set up a marketing/social media plan you can use every day. Get started on the right foot with some research and soul-searching exercises.