Other Blog Posts
- Tips When You Are Just Starting eBay
- Want to Upgrade Your Business Image?
- Step-by-Step Sales Funnel Planning
- What is a Sales Funnel?
- 3 Reasons Your Business Needs a Client Avatar
- Find What Your Fans Want on Social Media
- 3 Questions to Ask Before Taking Your Side Hustle to the Next Level
- Building A Sturdy Business Foundation
- 5 Ways to Ensure Success with your Start Up
- 5 Secrets to Promoting Your Product
- Immediate Ways to Increase Your Sales
- Avoid Cart Abandonment to Complete the Sale
- Spot N Paste $10 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
- Cross Selling & Upselling to Increase Sales
- Content Marketing to Increase Shopify Sales
- Live Chat to Increase Shopify Sales
- Email Marketing to Increase Sales
- Boost Productivity to Increase Sales
- Designing a Great Website to Attract New Customers
- Social Media Integration to Increase Shopify Sales
- Loyalty Programs to Increase Shopify Sales
- How To Boost Your Sales Through Impulse Buying
- Use Trends To Your Advantage
- Avoid Fragile Products To Retain Profit
- How To Design A Website To Attract Customers
- 7 Proven Shopify Marketing Strategies To Increase Sales
- Use Professional Product Images To Attract Customers
- How Offering Free Shipping Can Improve Your Sales
- Product Bundling To Make More Money
- Use Tempting Pricing To Boost Your Sales!
- Boost Your Sales With High Rated Products
- eCom Tom gives review about Spot N Paste!
- Be Customer Focused to Increase Sales
- The Importance of Automation in the Drop Shipping World
- 11 Great Tips To Increase Drop Shipping Sales!
- Amazon: Suspensions & IP Infringements: How To Avoid It
- Black Friday: A Drop Shippers Dream Day For Sales
- Spot N Paste: Featuring Cutting-Edge Dropship Address Parsing Feature!
- Find Profitable Products To Dropship
- SKU Grid Just Got Better With Spot N Paste Integration!
- Dropshipping on Amazon
- Hit The Ground Running With A Refined Shopify Store
- Top Features That Will Make You Fall In Love With Spot N Paste!
- How to Choose A Dropship Coach & Course to Follow
- Dropshipping To Success
- Useful Dropship Tools For Your Dropship Business
- Best Products to Dropship in the Beginning of Fourth Quarter
- Looking To Hire A Virtual Assistant For Your Dropship Business?
- Getting Started On Amazon
- Paul Lipsky Gives Honest Review of Spot N Paste
- Slow Sales On eBay?
- Jack Pitman Interviews Jenny With Spot N Paste
- Dealing With Negative Feedback
- So You Decided You Want To Start Drop shipping?
- Use eBay Seller Central To Help You Find Profitable Items
- Customer Service Strategies on eBay
- Thai Nguyen Interviews Jenny with Spot N Paste
- So Many Features! Oh My!!
- Learn How To Drop Ship For Free
- Spot N Paste helps to make your drop shipping ordering even faster!
- How to use Sku Button while Stacking Cashback
3 Questions to Ask Before Taking Your Side Hustle to the Next Level
Starting an online business seems like an easy accomplishment, and in some ways it is easier than opening a brick-and-mortar business. But throwing up a website and saying you’re “open for business” will not bring you clients.
Before you leave your boss an epic “I Quit” letter, test out your skills and the viability of your business idea by making it a side hustle. Many people start this way, working on client projects after the kids are in bed or on weekends, then going about their regular routines at the 9-5 jobs during the week. It adds some complexity to your time management skills but it will also yield some important insight to this new venture.
Are you disciplined enough to work from home? Do you have the desire, time, and determination to market yourself to find clients? Do you have confidence in your skills, more than your mom or friends saying, “You’re so great”?
If you’re unsure about any of those questions, then leave it as a side hustle and test the waters. Once you actually work with some clients successfully, answer these next three questions before quitting your day job.
Answer these next three questions before quitting your day job
1. do I have the skills people want?
It’s not enough to just WANT to start a business; you actually have to have skills that other people want and are willing to pay for. Whether these skills are related to a degree you earned or you’re self-taught, having confidence in these skills will set you apart from the competition.
Under this same umbrella, ask yourself if there are enough people who want to pay for your skillset. For example, wedding photographers will always be in need but are there enough brides who can afford a high-end price tag? The same is true for website developers, graphic designers, and ghostwriters; the need will always be there but can you find enough clients who can afford you?
2. Have I done enough research?
Don’t get stuck in the research phase but ask yourself some important questions. Are your skills marketable? Are there competitors offering the same skills? Have you researched how much your market is willing and able to pay for those skills? Have you calculated how much money you need to earn to live and pay bills each month? Don’t make any life changes without doing this important research and including your significant other in the conversation.
3. am I comfortable being solo in my marketing efforts?
You need to banish the thoughts that you’re not good at sales or that you’ll just wait for people to come to you. Quite frankly, that’s just wishful thinking, not running a business. Put yourself and your family first; you have bills to pay so you have to be comfortable getting into the spotlight and telling the world about your new venture.
With research and some fine tuning, almost any side hustle can be turned into a full-time business. But you have to do the research and the work to make it work.
Need Help Researching Your Side Hustle Viability? Check Out My Latest Planner…
If you have some time this weekend, you can easily decide if your side gig will make a viable business alternative. My latest planner, “Create Your Side Hustle Income in a Weekend,” walks you through multiple exercises, from start to finish, to determine what you should choose for a side hustle and if that idea is sustainable for many years. You’ll need to dig deep to answer some of the questions inside but self-exploration is the only way to know for sure if this is the right answer for you. The best part is it doesn’t take a lot of time to complete.